Thursday, November 29, 2007

Royersford Filming Coverage

Anyone know the rumor about Steven Spielberg being on set again true?

Here are some filming photos from http://whiskershampden.blogspot.com/:


I somehow managed to infiltrate the "backlot" of the set late this afternoon.
I guess I picked a good time to do it...everyone was on their lunch break! I
spent over two hours sitting on a wall in the parking lot of the Royersford
Police Station, looking out over a section of Main Street. They didn't do ANY
filming during my time there. Unbelievable, isn't it?! Two hours of set-up...can
you imagine? There were all kinds of huge light fixtures positioned throughout
the set, and several smoke/dry ice machines were pumping out steam onto Main
Street. Techs and assistants and extras and locals were milling around, chatting
and hoping to catch a glimpse of someone important.Truth be told, I actually got
bored after a while. After
watching the filming of The Happening
a few months ago, I have decided that
moviemaking is an unbearably tedious process.By 6:30, I was positive that my ass
was frostbitten, so I headed home. I had no feeling in my feet or my fingers,
despite my gloves and heavy socks. Anyway, I didn't see any movie stars tonight,
but I did catch a few glimpses of Peter Jackson (not close enough for a
worthwhile photograph) and also a man who looked suspiciously like Steven
Spielberg. Hmmm...


Thanks to Jenn for this:

If you head over tomorrow, I highly suggest saying you're going to Lebow
furniture. The front windows have 70's furniture in them but they are open for
business, and their huge front windows are literally 15 feet from the action,
facing the house/bar/and bus stop, which are all being used for the movie. The
church at the corner of 4th and Church St. is housing the wardrobe, and I saw
actors coming from there too! The renta cops definitely let the coat get to
their head, but if you're innovative enough, it's not hard to get up close. You
can take great pics from the furniture store too! I said I was taking pics of
furniture to decide on...but..Peter Jackson was 10 feet from Lebow's front door.
If you make friends with a couple of residents on main street...you easily can
get front seats to the best show Rofo has to offer (at least this week).
Calhoun's is holding an invitation only event for residents and cast. Will any
cast actually show?

From IMDB.com:

yeeah this is seann who is ataylor though hahahha. but i was there today
watching from the top of the street for about 45 mins..then me and my friend
walked down and we then realize we were standing with all the extras..then we
walked onto set in a big group of extras and like 5 mins later a security guard
noticed we didnt look 70's at all and just told us to either go across the
street and watch or go back to the top. but they shot the scene were the young
girl is driving the car and peter jackson was in the back of the truck pulling
the car. they were strict about pictures being taken but i got some with my
sidekick so there not the best quality but here they are.

Here are some press stories on the filming:
http://www.pottsmerc.com/WebApp/appmanager/JRC/Daily;jsessionid=zrqRHNnbywshzznRX2nD1w73nT5VSqnWkGZdPJGsnspLdFpYcJVQ!-1290892734?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_article&r21.pgpath=%2FPTM%2FHome&r21.content=%2FPTM%2FHome%2FContentTab_Feature_1172998

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19068195&BRD=1306&PAG=461&dept_id=187830&rfi=6

http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap?articleID=250576

This two have video:

http://wfmz.com/view/?id=185793

http://ww2.wpvi.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?clipid1=1972554&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=Movie+filming+in+Royersford&d1=98267&redirUrl=www.WPVI.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage

7 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey thats me in the one imdb pic!!
Im second from left!

Lori said...

I got a few Mark Wahlberg pics last night. Mostly blurry, unfortunately. It was pure chaos when he came to 4th and Main to sign autographs just after midnight. Check them out on my blog. Thanks!

Bla said...

Cool!

The Banister's said...

M. Night Shamalyan visited the Malvern set last wednesday afternoon! He looks like a kid! He hung out with PJ for a couple hours and then left no one could take pictures however it was fun to see!

Lori said...

I spoke to a couple of the PAs last night, and Steven Spielberg was not on the set in Royersford at all. Just my imagination, I guess.

jen said...

when i'm done editing i'll post more on my blog.
and then, when i'm caught up... i'd like to contact the reporter and historical society and maybe get a compilation of photos that residents have taken for posterity or some such.

jen said...

when i'm done editing i'll post more on my blog.
and then, when i'm caught up... i'd like to contact the reporter and historical society and maybe get a compilation of photos that residents have taken for posterity or some such.